Thursday, August 12, 2010

What a summer!

This was one good week to be out. One downside was the humidity on some days, which felt like a one had a quilt draped all over them on a hot summer day. There was a lot of traveling as usual...with great scenery along the way.

A multicolored asian lady beetle resting side by side with a fly on a soybean leaf

I still haven't found soybean aphids our fields within the buckthorn study area. The fields are galore with lady beetles and other natural enemies though. Some of our soybean fields are already at an advanced stage of growth.

A sign welcomes visitors and travelers to Gilboa in Putnam county

Now on a different note, I'd like to let all our blog followers know that this is probably my last summer with the ALE lab group. I've had a wonderful and fun time this past year in the lab. I'm thankful to Mary for having me as an ALE group member. It was great to work with Scott, Chelsea, Ben, and all the summer assistants Nita, Jared, Kojo, Bethany, Mark, Ian, and A.J.


That is one angry bull!!

3 comments:

  1. Best Wishes to you Alfred!

    ~Michele and Andy
    PS We like the bull!! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bull too. We will miss you Alfred :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you off to Alfred? Best of luck in your next adventure. Sue

    ReplyDelete