Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Member of the ALE Lab!


Hi! My name is Chelsea, and I am a new graduate student in the Agricultural Landscape Ecology Lab. I graduated from Albion College in 2009, with a major in Biology and a concentration in environmental sciences. I am studying the decline of native lady beetles in Ohio. The focus of my study includes, figuring out what is eating the egg masses of native and exotic lady beetle species, as well as, how the surrounding landscape affects predation, prey density and diversity, and parasitism.
Right now I am working on collecting egg masses from lady beetles in the lab, writing my research proposal, drinking coffee, asking Scott to order stuff for me, and preparing for the summer.

I am very excited to be a part of this lab!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you Chelsea. I will be interested to read your posts on your findings over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to meet you Chelsea. Good luck with your research this spring and summer. Will follow your work. Sue

    ReplyDelete