Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Post

My name is Mary Gardiner and I am an Assistant Professor at The Ohio State University. My laboratory studies beneficial insects such as predators and pollinators. Our reserach focuses on the ecosystem services such as pest suppression and pollination that beneficial insects provide. We are intersted in how disturbances within the landscape such as agricultural management practices, invasions of exotic species, and land use changes influence these organisims and their services. In this blog we will post information about our research and outreach activities.

4 comments:

  1. This is great Mary! I will enjoy seeing and learning more about your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY NICE MARY. I LIKE IT ALREADY. THIS WILL BE INTERESTING. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you come up with your sweet lab logo? I just noticed it. Very cool. Lots of grad students will want to come work with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, Mary! Congrats to you and the lab on a successful first year!

    ReplyDelete