Monday, December 6, 2010

An Assistant Professors Life in Academia





I blogged a couple weeks ago about a presentation I was asked to prepare for the Entomological Society of America Meeting. The title is "An assistant professor's life in academia". The way I am going to start off the talk is by showing my head shot taken when I started working at OSU. Then, I will flip to this staged photo we took today and say "but what is life really like!". The person right next to me is Dr. Dan Herms, our Associate Chair. On the far right is Dan Fickle pretending to be a carrot grower. The three students, Ian, Chris and Scott are representing the different types of questions students have with coursework and their own research. It was nice of these guys to help me out with my talk, hopefully it will get a laugh at the meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, how many hairs do I look for on the tarsi of froghoppers and how many on leafhoppers??? I didn't seen anyone in that picture with dead decaying insects for you to ID on wet and smelly sticky traps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your right, we should have had a sticky card for sure. We did have some vials but they are not nearly as gross.

    ReplyDelete