Monday, November 22, 2010

Assistant Professor's Life in Academia




At this year's Entomological Society of America Conference I was asked to present a talk to undergraduates titled "An Assistant Professor's Life in Academia". The purpose of the symposium is to give undergraduates some background about what it is like to be a new Assistant Professor. I want to make this as useful to the audience as possible. I need some help from students who are thinking about a career as a professor. What should I cover in a talk like this? What questions do you have? For graduate students, what questions do you have now, and what are some things you wondered about as an undergraduate student that I could include? You can either leave questions in the feedback section or email them to me at gardiner.29@osu.edu.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, here are a couple questions for you

    How much grant writing experience is needed?

    What's it like to work at a big university, as opposed to a small one?

    ReplyDelete